The Python script, to connect to Firepass VPN without a client, developed by James Knight can be downloaded from: http://fuhm.net/software/f5vpn-login/
Download all the files at the above location in a directory (lets call it firepass directory).
The script requires Python version greater than 2.3.5
Steps to install Python (Version greater than 2.3.5)
- Login as root user
- Open command prompt and type “yum install python”. This will install default version of python as per repository of the machine. Make sure the version is greater than 2.3.5
- Type yes if it asks for confirmation
- Make sure “ppp” is installed on machine by typing “rpm -qa | grep ppp”. It will show version, if nothing appears then ppp is not installed. Install it by typing “yum install ppp”.
- Make sure firewall doesn’t block port 2401 (for CVS)
In case the make file given with the Python script does not work, follow the step below:-
- Open terminal window and goto firepass directory
- Type “gcc -DPYTHON=\"/usr/bin/python\" -DPREFIX=\"/usr\" -o f5vpn-login-runner f5vpn-login-runner.c”
- Type “cp f5vpn-login.py /usr/sbin/f5vpn-login.py”
- Type “cp f5vpn-login-runner /usr/bin/f5vpn-login”
- Type “chmod u+s /usr/bin/f5vpn-login”
- This will install firepass vpn connection script.
- To connect to vpn type “f5vpn-login user@host”.
- In case you want to run it in background type “f5vpn-login user@host &”.
The scripts works beautifully, thanks to James Knight for developing it :)